KEEP CALM and STAY SAFE!
November 17, 2014 § Leave a comment
HOW STUDENTS CAN KEEP SAFE IN GATEWOOD BUILDING DURING THE DAY AND NIGHT
- use the emergency phones and contact numbers located around the building.
- keep valuable belongings and documents out of sight.
- students should program the UNCG Police number in their phone so they can step away to call if they need to and not be seen or heard by anyone suspicious.
- if something seems strange, don’t brush it off or second guess it, go with your instinct
- work in groups and while others are around. Get to know the other students in other years to know when they will be working too.
- notify the IARc office or any other faculty of anything or anyone who seems suspicious
- do not interact or speak with anyone who seems out of place and suspicious, just notify campus police immediately
- follow safety measures and instructions when operating equipment in the building
- ASK FOR HELP, IARc office is open from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Contributed by NiShira Johnson [2nd] year
Some safety measures provided by Felicia Dean